4 Recommended Books for Real Estate Agents
Selling is an art, specially when it involves people from all walks of life, as in real estate . Even though the markets are not as active as a few years ago before the housing crisis exploded, there`s still a lot of competition that will win away many clients from realtors that don`t adapt to these changing times. Learning from the lessons of successful people will always be the best way to achieve our own success at a faster pace, so here we list some of the best books written by successful business people in the field.
The Dominican Republic `s real estate market is very competitive,and specially in the tourist destinations ( Punta Cana, Sosua, Cabarete, Puerto Plata ) there`s a large segment of realtors that come from other countries. This creates a more interesting atmosphere in the industry, and sometimes a more fierce competition.
1. The first book we recommend is How To Become a Power Agent in Real Estate, by Darryl Davis. In just twelve months you can double your income and make your career in real estate more productive, more satisfying and more rewarding in every way. With the lessons you learn in How to Become a Power Agent in Real Estate you will increase your listings, watch your sales figures soar, and double your income–and you won’t be working harder, just smarter.
Packed with powerful sales techniques and administrative tips that will help you become a top producer, How to Become a Power Agent in Real Estate gives you both the business and personal skills you need to double your income in one short year. In this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn how to list and sell more houses by helping buyers and sellers to achieve their goals. You’ll find scores of battle-tested, agent-proven secrets
that will send your commissions soaring, including:
16 powerful ways to find prospects
4 key reasons why listings are so important
22 winning dialogues for handling objections
10 effective ways to work with buyers
8 essential concepts of self-promotion
18 servicing tips and techniques for your referral base
And much more.
2. Our second option is Real Estate Prospecting, by Loren K. Keim. As a Realtor needing listings and sales, you can Hope for Them, Wait for Them, or Go Get Them. This innovative book lays out a game plan to identify people who want or need to move, to find a way to meet with them, and then to consistently follow up. As the author states, “Prospecting is a process, not an event”. Filled with scripts, dialogues, sample letters, sample postcards and complete prospecting attack plans, this book is certain to help any real estate career blossom.
3. Mastering the Art of Real Estate, by Tom Hopkins.
Thirteen years ago, Tom Hopkins, the top real estate sales trainer in the country, published How to Master the Art of Listing and Selling Real Estate—the industry’s bible—which has consistently sold well despite information that has become somewhat outdated. But now Hopkins gives a cutting-edge revamp to his still- popular classic. Along with its new title, readers can expect a complete elimination of dated material and inclusion of the most current information on the role of the Internet and computer software needed by every real estate professional.
- Find the best listing prospects
- Win over “For Sale by Owner” sellers
- Earn the seller’s trust
- Arrange the final agreement
4. Our 4th choice is The Millionaire Real Estate Agent, by Gary Keller.This national bestseller begs the most important question anyone in real estate sales could ever ask: “How do I take my sales income to the highest level possible?” Believe it or not, it is a simple question with a simple answer. MREA lays the “how-to” groundwork for you to think like a Millionaire Real Estate Agent. The book will show you, step-by-step, how to earn and net a million in annual incomes—active and passive.